Complaints & Praise
We are committed to using complaints to review and improve the services we provide and help shape our business for the future.
A complaint is “An expression of dissatisfaction about the standard of service, actions or lack of actions by the Group or its staff which affects an individual or group of customers” – so this might be things like:
- We did not act within our published policies or practices
- The attitude or behaviour of our employees
- We failed to provide a service that we had agreed to provide
- We did not meet the service standards that we said we would
When you make a complaint or express dissatisfaction we will aim to sort it out at the first point of contact and informally.
However, if this action does not resolve the complaint, a formal complaint will be logged and fully investigated. There are some things we cannot deal with through our complaints process, these include:
- Complaints about things that we have no control over
- The first time you request a service
- Issues that are in court or have already been heard by a court or tribunal
- Insurance claims that would be normally covered by an insurance policy
- Reports of incidents of anti-social behaviour (these will be dealt with under our ASB policies)
- Complaints about things that happened more than 6 months ago
If you make a formal complaint we have a clear procedure to follow and we want to ensure that you know what to expect and how long you might have to wait for a response as sometimes these things can take time to investigate properly.