As part of the management of its homes, Wythenshawe Community Housing Group needs to ensure that tenants are living in a safe property, especially for homes with gas fires and any other heating appliances.
Gas servicing is the inspection of your gas appliances, and must be carried out once every 12 months. Under the gas regulations, we are legally bound to check that your gas appliances are working safely. If this does not happen we are liable for prosecution.
We take our commitment to your safety very seriously and insist that all solid fuel appliances and their flues are checked regularly in line with the manufacturer’s instructions and current guidance.
- We will arrange for a registered worker to service/inspect your solid fuel appliances every twelve months; chimneys will also be swept and inspected at the same time
- We will clean the throat plate and all flueways on your boiler as part of the safety check
- We will install an audible carbon monoxide alarm, complying with BS EN 50292: 2013 and BS 5839-6:2019, into the room containing the solid fuel appliance
- You must never block any permanent ventilation grilles that are fitted in your walls or doors
- You must allow us into your home to carry out the safety checks every twelve months; it is a health and safety requirement and failure to allow access is a breach of your tenancy agreement.
- Wythenshawe Community Housing Group will not permit the installation of any new Solid Fuel burning appliances
Contact our Gas Servicing team if you have any queries or concerns about your Gas Service on 0300 111 0000 / 0800 633 5500
What is the Gas Safety Register?
Gas Safe Register is the hallmark for gas safety. They manage the register of gas engineers who are qualified to work with gas in Great Britain and the Isle of Man.
To carry out work on gas installations and appliances safely and legally, gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register.
You can find out more by reading this guide.