Assisted Gardening Form
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group will consider an application for Assisted Gardening if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are aged 70+ or have a disability and not able to do your own garden
- You have no Next of Kin listed within a 5-mile radius of your home
- You do not have a household member who is 18+
You should also be aware of the following:
- You will receive a maximum of 8 visits per year between April and October and these are dependent on weather – there will be no winter cuts
- Grassed areas will be cut on each visit – we do not remove cuttings
- Hedges will be trimmed back a maximum of 3 times a year & trimmings will be placed in your green bin
- We will only remove waste generated by the gardening visit – we will not dispose of waste or any bulky items, for example, sofas/fridges
- If there is any household waste in the garden the visit will be cancelled, you must ensure that your garden is clear
- If there is any animal foul in the garden the visit will be cancelled.
- WCHG will contact you annually to check if your circumstances remain the same, if they have not changed you will remain on the list.
If your application is successful then you will be required to sign a disclaimer agreeing to the criteria and provide medical evidence to support your application, if any information provided is incorrect we will remove you from the scheme.
This service is for our most vulnerable customers who require the assistance the most and spaces are limited.
If you meet the criteria, please complete the below and we will assess your application:
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED UNTIL 2024.
We require proof of your medical award to ensure that you qualify for the Assisted Gardening Scheme. Once we have processed your application the evidence you have provided will be destroyed. Any information provided to support your application will not be shared outside of WCHG. WCHG will keep a record of your application for 6 months. Please note, we are committed to treating your information securely, with respect and in line with data protection law. If you have any concerns then please don’t hesitate to contact us.