Please note that due to Coronavirus (Covid19). We have had to make changes to way we run our repairs service – Read our Coronavirus Toolkit for the latest information here
Wythenshawe Works is the department that repairs and maintains your home. We are based at Greenwood Road and from here our teams provide a range of repair and maintenance services.
Always report any repairs you need straightaway. You also have some repairing responsibilities and there are some occasions when we can recharge you for repairs we complete. Please see our Rechargeable Repairs Policy for more details.
When a repair is our responsibility, we can sort out your repair quicker when you tell us:
- As much information as possible.
- When you will be home.
- Contact phone numbers – daytime and evening.
For smaller jobs, you can use our Handyperson Service.
All our staff and contractors carry identification, but if you are not sure about their identity please call us to check. You can also set up a password which any visitor to your property must tell you before you let them in.
Repairs can be reported in the following key ways:
Via The WCHG App - available from the App & Google Play Stores now. Find out more about the WCHG App here.
Online - My WCHG online
By Email - email@example.com
By telephone - Customer Services Officers are available daily Monday to Friday to answer all enquiries 0800 633 5500 OR 0300 111 0000.
Out of Hours Monday to Friday, weekends and Bank Holidays, the same numbers can be used for the emergency repair line.
All emergency and appointed repair work is done by appointment at a time agreed with you. The appointment slots are:
- Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
- Saturdays between 8.00am and 3.00pm – last appointment 2.00pm start.
We complete emergency repairs by appointment. These are faults that create a potential danger to health, risk to safety, or serious damage to the property:
- Burst pipes, cylinders, tanks, no cold water, effluent flowing into property or garden, blocked W.C.
- Complete power failure, failure of communal lights, faults to bathroom, kitchen or staircase lighting, smoke alarm that will not be silenced.
- Burst on heating system that will cause water damage.
- No heating where no separate fire; no hot water where no immersion heater or electric shower between 1.10 to 31.3 – for vulnerable households.
- Broken lock or window lock if property insecure or lost keys – tenant may be recharged.
- Faulty lifts.
These appointable repairs at an appointment agreed to suit the customer and are for the type of faults that don’t create a health and safety risk, but do cause serious inconvenience, discomfort or nuisance, and are likely to cause building deterioration if not resolved. For example:
- Leaks controlled by tenant – running overflow, dripping tap, leaking wastepipe.
- Faulty WC flush, renewal of WC pan, noisy pipes.
- Faulty entry phone, loose banister of handrail, rotten stair treads, faulty light switch/sockets.