Wythenshawe Works is the department that repairs and maintains your home. We are based at Greenwood Road and from here our teams provide a range of repair and maintenance services.
Always report any repairs you need straightaway. You also have some repairing responsibilities and there are some occasions when we can recharge you for repairs we complete. Please see our Rechargeable Repairs Policy for more details.
When a repair is our responsibility, we can sort out your repair quicker when you tell us:
- As much information as possible.
- When you will be home.
- Contact phone numbers – daytime and evening
For smaller jobs, you can use our Handyperson Service.
All our staff and contractors carry identification, but if you are not sure about their identity please call us to check. You can also set up a password which any visitor to your property must tell you before you let them in.
Repairs can currently be reported in the following ways:
- Via The WCHG App - available from the App & Google Play Stores now. Find out more about the WCHG App here.
- Using our online form
- By telephone on 0800 633 5500 or 0300 111 0000 – our Customer Service Team is available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm to answer all enquiries
To report emergency repairs outside of office hours, during weekends or Bank Holidays, please call 0800 633 5500 or 0300 111 0000.
We complete emergency repairs by appointment. These are faults that create a potential danger to health, risk to safety, or serious damage to the property including (but not limited to):
- Burst pipes, cylinders, tanks, no cold water, effluent flowing into property or garden, blocked toilet
- Complete power failure, failure of communal lights, faults to bathroom, kitchen or staircase lighting, smoke alarm that will not be silenced
- Burst on heating system that will cause water damage
- No heating where there is no separate fire; no hot water where there is no immersion heater or a separate electric shower – for vulnerable households
- Broken lock or window lock if property insecure or lost keys – tenant may be recharged
- Faulty lifts
Non-emergency repairs fix the type of faults that don’t create a health and safety risk, but do cause serious inconvenience, discomfort or nuisance, and are likely to cause building deterioration if not resolved including (but not limited to):
- Leaks controlled by tenant – running overflow, dripping tap, leaking wastepipe
- Faulty WC flush, renewal of WC pan, noisy pipes
- Faulty entry phone, loose banister of handrail, rotten stair treads, faulty light switch/sockets