All emergency and appointed repair work is done by appointment at a time agreed with you. The appointment slots are:
- Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
- Saturdays between 8.00am and 3.00pm – last appointment 2.00pm start.
We are currently trialling a new appointment service aiming to speed up the wait time for non-emergency repairs. While we trial the new service, the wait time for an appointment may be slightly longer than usual - we will let you know if this is the case when you book a repair.
We complete emergency repairs by appointment. These are faults that create a potential danger to health, risk to safety, or serious damage to the property:
- Burst pipes, cylinders, tanks, no cold water, effluent flowing into property or garden, blocked W.C.
- Complete power failure, failure of communal lights, faults to bathroom, kitchen or staircase lighting, smoke alarm that will not be silenced.
- Burst on heating system that will cause water damage.
- No heating where no separate fire; no hot water where no immersion heater or electric shower between 1.10 to 31.3 – for vulnerable households.
- Broken lock or window lock if property insecure or lost keys – tenant may be recharged.
- Faulty lifts.
These are the type of faults that don’t create a health and safety risk, but do cause serious inconvenience, discomfort or nuisance, and are likely to cause building deterioration if not resolved. For example:
- Leaks controlled by tenant – running overflow, dripping tap, leaking wastepipe.
- Faulty WC flush, renewal of WC pan, noisy pipes.
- Faulty entry phone, loose banister of handrail, rotten stair treads, faulty light switch/sockets.