Lessons Learned / Service Improvement’s
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group’s aim is to encourage a positive complaint handling culture. We want to be accountable and transparent to our residents and we are committed to learning from our complaints.
Each time a formal complaint is received and investigated, as part of the response we will proactively look to identify lessons learned and service improvements to prevent similar complaints happening again. Here are some real examples of service improvements identified 2019 – 2020 as a direct result of complaints.
- Our tenancy termination procedure was updated to include complex cases following a complaint from a tenant’s relative who had passed away.
- Quality improvements have made to new build properties following a complaint regarding specifications inside some new homes;
- Improvements have been made to the home exchange process following complaints regarding time delays and communication;
- Improvements were made to all new kitchen plan surveys following a complaint regarding repositioning white goods and damage;
- Review of the process to remove items from communal areas following a complaint about removing and disposing of items in communal areas due to fire risk;
- Handling difficult customer training delivered within Customer Services following a complaint about how an advisor responded to an angry customer.