Wythenshawe Community Housing Group have been awarded the prestigious Customer Service Excellence (CSE) accreditation with an outstanding 8 compliance plus distinction marks.
CSE is a standard that measures quality of delivery, timeliness, information, professionalism and staff attitude in the provision of public services.
In order to achieve this standard an organisation is assessed against 57 separate elements on how its services are delivered.
The accreditation challenges organisations to know their tenants better, to identify diverse groups, understand their needs and engage with them in a way that demonstrates they are serious about delivering a high standard and calibre of services tailored around customer’s needs.
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group was first awarded this prestigious award in 2013 and has since built on these firm foundations with annual surveillance checks, to utilise as a continuous improvement tool to constantly raise the bar in the delivery of our services.
The areas of distinction are:
- Developed Customer insight about our customer groups to better understand their needs and preferences
- We make particular efforts to identify hard to reach and disadvantaged groups and individuals and have our developed services in response to their specific needs
- Corporate commitment to putting customers at the heart of service delivery and leaders in our organisation actively support and advocate for customers
- We Value the contribution of staff to delivering customer focused services and leaders managers and staff demonstrate these behaviours
- We provide our customers with information they need in ways which meet their preferences, using a variety of appropriate channels
- We have made arrangements with other providers and suppliers to offer and supply coordinated services and with these arrangements have benefited customers
- We interact within the wider communities and we can demonstrate in the ways in which we support these communities
- We can demonstrated that we deliver the service we promised to individual customers and the outcomes are positive for the majority of customers
The Bishop of Manchester Doctor David Walker said “One of the best indicators of customer excellence is that we treat the people who live in our properties, receive our services, or engage with us in other ways, as much more than customers. This award bears witness that customers are never simply that. They are our neighbours, our friends, our advisors, our partners, in the task of making Wythenshawe the community that we all want it to be. I’m delighted that this lies at the core of how we all work”.
Group Chief Executive of Wythenshawe Community Housing Group Kevin Lowry said, “I want to thank everyone for their time and effort involved in this process including customers and partners. I know from the feedback the Inspector from CSE was greatly impressed by all colleagues’ efforts and our continued commitment to customer service. This is an important accreditation and one we will continue to retain and build on”