WCHG are based in South Manchester and allocate homes throughout the Wythenshawe area. We offer affordable housing for families, couples and single people. To register for re-housing please read the following.

I want to register for re-housing through WCHG:

WCHG are part of Manchester Move – We do not allocate homes direct and we do not offer homeless accommodation. To apply for a home please complete the on-line application by clicking the following link:

Manchester Move is a choice-based lettings system and is utilised by Manchester City Council and approximately 20 registered providers, including WCHG who advertise empty properties throughout the city.

I want to apply for re-housing but do not know if I meet the criteria for Manchester Move:

There was a new re-housing policy introduced on 3rd November 2020, you can find the new policy here:

How do I apply for a mutual exchange:

If you are a tenant of WCHG or another Registered Provider you may wish to consider a mutual exchange, as demand for properties in Manchester is exceptionally high, resulting in lengthy waiting times.

House Exchange is the largest not for profit mutual exchange system on the market who specialise in facilitating introductions between housing association or council tenants who are looking to swap their home.

To seek a mutual exchange, you can register with House Exchange by clicking this link:

If you are a WCHG tenant and you have found an exchange partner you can complete an application through WCHG website by clicking here

Read WCHG's Allocations Policy