Application for Mutual Exchange Form
Thank you for considering making an application to exchange homes.
Please take note of the following:
- We have 42 days from the date received to decide on whether your request can be approved.
- If WCHG has an active notice or court order for rent, ASB or for any other reason then you cannot exchange
- If you are overcrowded or will be under occupying by more than one bed space your exchange application may not be approved.
- If your property is adapted for your needs or your proposed exchange partner’s property is adapted for their needs then your exchange application may not be approved.
- All repairs identified must be reported prior to the exchange and the property should be left clean and clear for the incoming exchange partner.
- Should you fail to disclose any significant repairs or leave the property clean and clear, this may result in you being re-charged for all goods left.
- If your housing officer feels it is appropriate, a Surveyors Inspection may be requested.
- We may arrange for a financial assessment to be completed to ensure that the exchange property is affordable for you.
- Minor electric safety check has to be completed prior to exchange
- Full Gas and Electric safety checks will be completed following exchange
What you will need to do:
- You will need to complete a full visual inspection of the property you are exchanging into, as you will be accepting the property ‘as seen’. Only in exceptional circumstances will a Surveyors Inspection be arranged.
- You must provide 2 references if you are exchanging outside of the area, one reference must be from your current landlord.
- Your rent account should be clear of all rent arrears and court costs.
- You should have no outstanding rechargeable repair amounts.
- There are no reports of anti-social behaviour.
- You will need to be available for all appointments made.
- Leave your current property clean and clear, including loft space and any out buildings.
If you still wish to apply to exchange homes please complete the following: