Damp and mould
We have a zero-tolerance approach to damp and mould. When you report damp and mould issues in your home, we will respond in the following ways.
If you report damp and mould in one room we will:
- Arrange an appointment for our trained in-house team to carry out damp and mould treatment. This may require more than one visit
- Check that you have working extractor fans in your kitchen and bathroom
- Agree on the next steps
If you report excessive damp and mould we will:
- Arrange to visit you at home within 48 hours to assess the damp and mould present, and inspect your home for property defects
- Make sure you have the support and guidance you need
Depending on what we find we will:
- Make a referral to one of our damp and mould specialist contractors to treat the mould in your home
- Arrange a follow-up technical inspection to investigate the cause of any penetrating or rising damp
- Arrange an appointment to carry out other repair work needed, including the installation of additional ventilation where necessary
WCHG is determined to help customers live in healthy homes, if you are experiencing problems with damp and mould in any part of your home, please call us on 0800 633 5500 or email us at email@example.com.