Date For Diary - Sunday 14 June 2015
Call for Applications to Participate
Deadline for applications: Monday 2 February 2015
Do you want to take part in the parade or bring one of the squares to life and celebrate the city of Manchester and what it means to be Mancunian?
Based on the Manchester Day 2015 theme of Game On!, let’s make our city a colourful playground of music, outdoor theatre and fun and transform some of Manchester’s city squares alongside another wonderful parade.
What does Game On! mean to you?
- Manchester in the 21st century – home of the National Graphene Institute, and the Sharp Project – once again emerging as a global leader in gaming, and technological research and development.
- Manchester – one of the first cities to embrace modern leisure pursuits with pleasure gardens at Pomona and Belle Vue.
- Manchester – World leader, world beater and national centre in sport!
Let’s unlock a whole new level of fun in the city!
- Participate in the Manchester Day squares or as part of the parade. Groups can work together before the day itself and develop creative ideas inspired by the theme of Game On!
- Walk the Plank will give you professional support from an artist and a co-ordinator to develop your creative idea.
- Some groups may play music, or already have costumes or a float that fit with the theme.
- Some groups come together to create décor for the squares or a section of the parade co-ordinated by Walk the Plank.
- Individuals, small groups or families can join larger groups, volunteer on the day or simply help out at Manchester Day’s creative hub: the WOW Workshop.
Entry into Manchester Day is subject to a selection process and cannot be guaranteed.
- As resources are limited we will have to say no to some groups. Priority will be given to:
a. Groups who the steering group feel have put forward the most exciting creative ideas.
b. Groups who can demonstrate a commitment in time (e.g. 1 workshop of 2-3 hours per week for 4 weeks) and ability to deliver a quality project.
c. Groups who are able to bring some funding or resources to Manchester Day.
Manchester Day is a GREEN event…
The use of vehicles or generators is strongly discouraged. We actively embrace structures which can be walked, pushed, pulled or wheeled.
How to apply
If you want to apply to be part of Manchester Day 2015 please apply online at: www.manchesterday.co.uk/participate-perform/
If you would like to take part in the Wythenshawe entry, please contact Susan Bevan by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her on 0161 219 6391, preferably before 28th January so they can make sure you have the opportunity to be involved in creating the entry right from the start.