Motiv8: Building Better Opportunities for Greater Manchester
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group is a delivery partner of the Motiv8 programme, delivering across the city of Manchester.
Motiv8 supports people to overcome challenges preventing them from moving into training and employment.
The programme works with people to develop a personalised action plan and support package to address their issues. These might include:
- Health problems
- Substance misuse
- Domestic Violence
- Mental wellbeing
- Financial hardship
- Other challenges
By helping to improve health and wellbeing, self-confidence, self-esteem, finance and employability skills we will improve their chances of accessing training or finding a job.
To benefit from our service you must be:
- Aged 25 or over
- Live in Greater Manchester
- Have a right to remain in the UK
- Not currently be working, be in self-employment or on a zero hours contract
- Not currently accessing any other formal training
- Experiencing multiple issues
We are particularly keen to hear from the wide range of people who are under-represented in the work place, such as ex-offenders, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender groups, ethnic minorities, migrant communities and the over 50s.
Funders and Partners
Motiv8 received £9.7 million from the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund’s Building Better Opportunities programme to deliver this programme.
It is being delivered across the whole of Greater Manchester and we are working with 4 other housing organisations that are part of Manchester Athena, a partnership of housing associations working together to transform people’s lives by improving their skills, employment, health and wellbeing:
- New Charter Group -Delivering in Tameside, Oldham and Trafford
- For Viva - Delivering in Salford and Bury
- Bolton At Home - Delivering across Bolton and Wigan
- Stockport Homes - Delivering in Stockport and Rochdale
- Wythenshawe Community Housing Group - Delivering across Manchester
Over 3 years Motiv8 will support nearly 4,000 people to overcome multiple complex needs and move them closer to training and work.
Motiv8 is also working with external partners who can provide you with specialist support:
- Challenge 4 ChangeHelping people to overcome barriers through a unique indoor urban experiential learning facility to help with resilience, confidence building and self-esteem
- Home-Start Working with Home-Start in Oldham, Stockport and Tameside (HOST) and through Home-Start Salford and Trafford they are providing support to families with young children and helping parents improve their confidence, coping ability and mental health and well-being
- LGBT Foundation Providing a wide range of support services to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities
- Migrants Supporting MigrantsProviding support to people facing language barriers to improve spoken English, social inclusion, confidence and employability
- One ManchesterProviding a specialist debt advice service to help people take control of their finances and plan and manage their income
- Shelter Providing advice for housing, welfare benefits, debts and legal services to help people with bad housing or homelessness
- Wai Yin Society Providing holistic support to empower people through a variety of classes such as IT, ESOL and work clubs and also befriending and leisure classes
To find out more or to request a referral form, you can contact us by:
email our single point of access team email@example.com
call 0161 331 2048 or follow us on Twitter