Wythenshawe Community Housing Group’s (WCHG) staff volunteering programme ‘V4W’ has helped to donate over 280 hours to the Wythenshawe Community between September 2018 & March 2019.
WCHG colleagues are encouraged to take part in volunteering activities to give something back to the Wythenshawe community and around 76 staff members attended a special thankyou event at the Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre.
The 280 hours donated were from a number of different events which took place as part of the programme, these included;
- Bulb Planting across Wythenshawe – 32 colleagues – 121 Hours
- Unit E Food Bank Support - 10 colleagues - 20 hours
- Christmas Events - 13 colleagues - 44 hours
- Development Painting Challenge - 13 colleagues - 78 hours
- Supporting Local Schools - 5 colleagues - 6 hours
- Real Food Emmie’s Kitchen - 3 colleagues - 14 hours
WCHG Interim Group Chief Executive, Kevin Lowry said, “Staff volunteering is a great way to give something back to the communities that we serve and is firmly embedded in the DNA of Wythenshawe Community Housing Group. Congratulations and thankyou to all the colleagues who were recognised at this event and keep up the good work”.