Wythenshawe Community Housing Group (WCHG) is delighted to have been shortlisted in the Northern Regional Finals of the 2015 Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS) awards in a total of 6 different categories:
- Excellence In Co-Regulation (for its resident involvement structure & Scrutiny Review Group)
- Excellence In Youth Involvement (for its Junior Wardens scheme)
- Excellence In Tenant Led Scrutiny (Scrutiny Review Group)
- Excellence In Community Action Award Richard Crossley Award (Bideford Centre)
- Excellence In Contractor Engagement Award (Metrolink partnership work)
- Tenant of The Year Cliff Whiteley Award (Eric Smith, Chair of WCHG’s Tenant Committee and also Secretary of Bideford Community Centre)
TPAS is the market leader in the UK for Resident Involvement and they work towards empowering individuals to have real influence over the organisations to which they may pay their rent.
The northern regional awards take place on the 24th April 2015 at the Palace Hotel in Manchester with the winners from each category going forward to the national finals later in the year.
Group Chief Executive of Wythenshawe Community Housing Group, Nigel Wilson, said, “We are delighted to be shortlisted in these awards – and it’s fantastic to be nominated in six categories! This is a fantastic testament to the dedication of both our tenants and colleagues who work together to help us ensure that the tenants voice is at the heart of everything we do and help us improve our services”.
Chair of the WCHG Board, Eddy Newman, said, “We want to thank our colleagues and tenants for all their hard work in achieving this recognition. We put Tenant Participation at the heart of all our services and we are delighted this has been recognised by TPAS and wish everyone involved the best of luck for the regional final in April.”
For more information on the awards please visit www.thetpasawards.org.uk