Businesses Working with Wythenshawe is a collaboration of local employers that work together to provide development opportunities.
The main projects are:
- High School Get Hired - teaches year 9/10 students what is needed to get a job and includes workshops on completing applications, Cvs, presentation skills and job searching. It is finished with a mock interview from a BW3 business member.
- Numbers At Work - shows primary school students how maths is used practically in the workplace.
- Get Hired - an employment fair that hundreds of local residents attend to meet employers face to face, apply for jobs, get advice and support. Following these events between 15% - 30% go into work.
- Aspirational Mentoring Programme - working with people from local schools to help raise aspirations and attainment.
- Business Mentoring - providing new businesses with the expertise and support needed to flourish.
For more information about BW3 visit www.bw3.org.uk