Businesses Working with Wythenshawe is a collaboration of local employers that work together to provide development opportunities. Main projects are:
- High School Get Hired – teaches year 9/10 students what is needed to get a job and includes workshops on completing applications, Cvs, presentation skills and job searching. It is finished with a mock interview from a BW3 business member.
- Numbers at Work shows primary school students how maths is used practically in the workplace.
- Get Hired employment fair has hundreds of local residents attend to meet employers face to face, apply for jobs and get advice and support. Following these events between 15%-30% go into work.
- Aspirational mentoring programme works with people from local schools to help raise aspirations and attainment.
- Business mentoring provides new businesses with the expertise and support needed to flourish
For more information about BW3, visit www.bw3.org.uk.