If you are concerned for the welfare of a neighbour or someone else, we can help.

WCHG are committed to working with Manchester City Council and Greater Manchester Police to protect children and adults from abuse, harm and neglect. This is called 'safeguarding'.

If you have concerns about the welfare of a child or adult then there are a number of things you can do:

  • If you suspect that the child or adult is in immediate danger then phone the police on 999
  • If you believe that the child or adult needs emergency medical treatment, phone an ambulance on 999
  • If there is no immediate risk, contact Manchester City Council on 0161 234 5001 (24 hour service) or email

If you prefer you can contact us and ask to speak to a member of our Living Well Team. You can share your concerns and share information with the council or the police if needed. Not every report turns out to be serious, but we treat each one with the utmost care and respect.

No concern is too small - please get in touch.

For more information about our Living Well Service just phone our Customer Services Team on 0800 633 5500 / 0300 111 0000 and ask for the Living Well Service or email: