Managed Migration - what is it?

Managed Migration is when people who get housing benefits switch over to something called Universal Credit. This is happening because the government wants to make things simpler.

What does this mean for you?

Instead of getting your housing benefits separately, it will now be part of your Universal Credit payment - so instead of getting two payments, you'll just get one each month.

What will happen?

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) will write to you when they want to move you to Universal Credit. The letter will tell you what you need to do and when. We know this change might be confusing, but we can help!

How can we help?

Call our Financial Inclusion Team on 0300 111 000 or 0800 633 5500 for advice, or visit one of our centres and talk to us in person:

Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre, Portway, Woodhouse Park, Manchester M22 1QW.

Benchill Community Centre, Benchill Road, Benchill, Manchester M22 8EJ.

Bideford Community Centre, Bideford Drive, Baguley, Manchester M23 0QH