Values and behaviours
- Arrive at your volunteering opportunity on time and well-prepared
- If you need to cancel a volunteering appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so we can give the opportunity to another volunteer.
Respect for others
- Treat all volunteers and community members fairly, regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion.
- Make others feel welcome and included in the group
- Do not make anybody feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
Attitude and behaviour
- Do your best to follow instructions and provide a good service
- Do not use racist language or behave in a discriminatory manner.
- Work well as a team and cooperate with other volunteers.
- Do not share another volunteer’s or community member’s personal information with others
- Do not share sensitive information about another volunteer
- If you are concerned about someone’s safety or wellbeing, speak with a WCHG staff member or the appropriate authorities.
- You may not volunteer while under the influence of recreational drugs or alcohol
- You may not possess or distribute recreational drugs or alcohol while volunteering
- You may also not use your volunteering position to promote a political candidate, including yourself. If you become a political candidate while volunteering, we may ask you to leave your volunteering position.
- The volunteering arrangement can be cancelled at any time by either party – there is no legally binding contract is in place.
If you have any questions please contact Daniel Williams on 07410943055 or email@example.com