Frequently Asked Questions

We would like to reassure all customers that in this ever changing situation, we will continue to act upon government guidelines and will change our guidance and advice accordingly. We will keep this page regularly updated as things progress to keep you fully informed of any changes that may affect you.

Paying your rent

How can I pay my rent?


We know it is difficult at the moment but you do need to continue to pay your rent. Given we are all trying to limit contact and stop the spread of this virus, the best way to pay your rent is through our websites, via our tenant app or via the phone.

If your employment status has changed or you need to talk to us about your rent, please speak to us as soon as possible. Our teams will still be here for you. WCHG are aware some residents have already been made redundant or are having to take unpaid leave or reduce their hours. It is a time of great uncertainty for everyone but there is help and advice out there. You can access information from ‘The Money Advice Service’, a free and impartial service set up by the government, which look at your rights to sick pay, changes to claiming your benefits and what it means for travel. Our team has also produced the following document with lots of useful information and contact number. Click here to find out more. Ways to pay

  1. Online - log onto - To pay online you need your rent payment card and a debit or credit card. Here you can also register to pay by text.
  2. WCHG App - Download our tenant app and find out more here. Please note you will need your tenancy reference number to up an account.
  3. Telephone - Automated rent payment facility by debit or credit card (can also be used to pay service charges): 0161 946 9595 Open 24 hours a day. If you have forgotten your tenancy reference number or you can’t use an automated service please ring us on 0800 633 5500 / 0300 111 0000 and one of our members of staff will be pleased to take your payment.
  4. Direct debit - the most efficient method to pay. The money is deducted straight from your bank account on a day you agree. Please call our team on 0800 633 5500 / 0300 111 0000 to set this up.
  5. Allpay app - Downloaded for FREE from Google Play or Apple App Store. If you have any questions about how the app allpay have produced the following Frequently Asked Questions on their website Alternatively for support with downloading the Allpay App email
  6. PayPoint - Look out for the Paypoint logo at your local shop, newsagent or petrol station. Use your rent card and pay with cash. It’s a free and confidential service and shop staff will not see your rent account. Please remember to keep your receipt. Find your nearest PayPoint here.
  7. Standing order - Print off this Standing order form and send it to your bank. If you need any help with the form or advice on how much to pay weekly or monthly please call us on 0800 633 5500 / 0300 111 0000
  8. Post - Just send a cheque made payable to your landlord either (Willow Park Housing Trust / Parkway Green Housing Trust) to: 8 Poundswick Lane , Wythenshawe ,Manchester ,M22 9TA. Please remember to put your name, address and rent card reference number on the back of the cheque.

If you are having difficulties paying your rent please let us know and we will try to help you contact us on 0800 633 5500 / 0300 111 0000.

Repairs, mandatory servicing & access

Are you still running your repairs service?
We are pleased to advised that from the 1st July 2020 our routine repairs service is now fully operational, six day’s per week. Don’t forget to can book a job via our WCHG app, which has a full diagnostic tool to aid you through the booking process. In the event of an emergency repair please report this to us in the usual way via our contact centre on 0800 633 5500 or 0300 111 000. Routine repairs can be logged via the contact centre, however in order to keep the phone lines free for emergency calls we would ask that you consider emailing in any non-urgent repairs to or via our App, website, Facebook and Twitter pages. These will be logged and when there is availability, contact will be made to arrange an appointment at a later time in line with the Government’s guidance. Before we conduct any repair or visit we will call you to check on your current health and wellbeing, this is to ensure the safety of our operatives who may attend multiple properties in a day. All staff visiting are following enhanced cleaning procedures and will not be sent to a property if they show any signs of illness.
What is classed as an emergency repair?
Below is a list of emergency repairs: Water & Drainage systems
      • Burst pipes, cylinders or tanks where there is an uncontrollable flow of water that the tenant cannot contain.
      • No cold water, if there isn’t a general problem in the neighbourhood
      • Where effluent is overflowing into a property or garden
Toilet facility
      • Blocked WC, where there is only one in the property (tenants may have to pay for this repair)
      • Complete power failure (if nearby homes are also affected contact the electric company instead of WCHG
Failure in communal lighting
      • Faults to bathroom, kitchen, or staircase lighting
      • Smoke alarm that cannot be silenced, where no fire emergency exists
      • Communal TV aerial failure in schemes for vulnerable tenants
Domestic heating systems
      • Any burst on a heating system which is likely to cause water damage
      • From 1st October to 31st March or where tenants are classed as vulnerable
      • No heating where you do not have a separate gas or electric fire
      • No hot water, when no other source in the property eg immersion heater or electric shower
Property security
      • Lock or broken window lock, if it makes the property insecure (tenants may have to pay for this repair)
      • Lost keys, if it makes the property insecure (tenants may have to pay for this repair)
Lifts Any faulty lift Gas leak
    • Gas smell leaks should directly be reported to Cadent on 0800 111 999
I have suspected or confirmed Coronavirus. Will you still conduct an emergency repair in my home?
It is essential you tell us in advance if you, or someone in your property has a suspected or confirmed case of Coronavirus as this will help us plan what equipment we need for our repair operatives. Each emergency is different, so our specially trained technicians will identify what clothing and equipment they need once they arrive at your property. If your repair is inside the property, we will ask you to isolate yourself from the area of repair for as long as possible before the repair takes place. We may ask you to undertake other measures, but these will be discussed with you before we arrive.
Do I have to have my annual gas safety check?
We are continuing to deliver this service to ensure customer safety. If you have an appointment already booked, or your receive communication to book an appointment and you are self-isolating and/or have a confirmed or suspected coronavirus case, please contact us as soon as possible. This is so that we can make special arrangements with you to enable the safety check to be completed. The engineer undertaking the gas safety check will also contact you immediately prior to attendance at your home and talk you through the special arrangements in accordance with government guidelines
I have a service booked (gas, electrical, fire safety) but I don’t want your repair operative in my home in case they have Coronavirus. What should I do?
We continue to follow all guidelines from government, including our regulator and will be prioritising all programmed services to ensure the safety of our customers and staff are adhered to, your safety is our upmost importance.
How do I know it is safe to let WCHG employees into my homes?
All our colleagues and contractors are being issued with regular updates on government guidance. They have been issued with the appropriate personal protective equipment and advice on how to help keep themselves and customers safe. We are also following Government guidance in respect of any colleagues who may need to self-isolate.

Financial advice and support

I am having financial difficulties what can I do?

We understand this is a very difficult time but we want to assure you we are here to support you. We need you to continue to pay your rent, but encourage you to tell us straight away if you are experiencing any problems paying your rent, there is a range of help available to you.

Given we are all trying to limit contact and stop the spread of this virus, the best way to pay your rent is through our websites, via the tenant app or via the phone. If your employment status has changed or you need to talk to us about your rent, please speak to us as soon as possible.

We can agree affordable repayment plans and provide specialist advice on claiming benefits, maximising income and managing debt through our Financial Inclusion team.

If you are worried about falling into arrears because you cannot pay us in the short term because of Coronavirus, you can discuss setting up a payment plan with our Financial Inclusion Team at

What will happen if I have arrears after the 12 week period that has been specified, can you take me to court or evict me then?

People living in social housing affected by Coronavirus will be protected from eviction for three months in emergency legislation to be passed by the government. However, any arrears will continue to increase if you don’t pay your rent and you should talk to us if you are unable to pay. If you fail to pay these arrears then action could be taken in the future. As soon as more information becomes available, we will keep you updated.

We wish to stress that we will not charge you any interest or any fees, but your weekly or monthly rental charge will still show on your statement.

What if my employment is affected during the Coronavirus outbreak?

WCHG are aware some residents have already been made redundant or are having to take unpaid leave or reduce their hours. Please contact our team If you are worried about falling into arrears because you cannot pay us in the short term because of Coronavirus, you can discuss setting up a payment plan with our Financial Inclusion Team at

You can access information from ‘The Money Advice Service’, a free and impartial service set up by the government, which look at your rights to sick pay, changes to claiming your benefits and what it means for travel. Click here for lots of useful information or here for coronavirus benefit related information.

For more useful information and contact details click here - WCHG - Advice for Tenants Manchester (doc)

What to do next?

We recognise that for many people, this will be the first time they have needed to claim benefits.You can get help and support to make a claim for Universal Credit online from:

Universal Credit - 0800 328 5644

Citizens Advice -0800 144 8 444

Step Change - 0800 138 1111

You can receive up to a month’s advance upfront without physically attending a Jobcentre. The seven waiting days for ESA for new claimants suffering from Coronavirus or required to stay at home will not apply, so it will be payable from day one.

For more information, including making a claim for a Discretionary Housing Payment, a Council Tax Reduction or Housing Benefit, visit Manchester City Councils website page by clicking here.

What if I struggle paying my bills, where can I get help?

Gas and electric 

Some of you may be worrying about how you are going to pay your utility bills, and for those on pre-payment meters, how you’re going to keep them topped up.

Ofgem, the regulatory authority for gas and electric have published the following advice on what to do if you are faced with affordability issues.

The government has launched an emergency package with energy suppliers to ensure you don’t face any additional hardships in heating or lighting your home during the coronavirus outbreak. If you are struggling with money problems or are repaying a debt, options will include:

  • reviewing bill payment plans, including debt repayment plans
  • payment breaks or reductions in how much you pay
  • giving you greater time to pay
  • in some cases access to hardship funds.

You don’t need to worry about your gas/electricity if you don’t have money to top up or are self-isolating. No credit meters will be disconnected during the outbreak.

British Gas

0333 202 9802


0333 200 5100


0345 052 000

N Power

0800 073 3000

Scottish Power

0800 027 0072


0345 026 2658

Contact your energy supplier if you have a prepay meter tell them your self-isolating. They will send you out two week’s worth of gas/electricity or if you have a smart meter they will top you up.

For further general advice on household energy bill support, see Ofgem’s guide: Who to contact if it’s difficult paying bills.

For more information from Ofgem, you can visit their website here:


United Utilities have published the following advice:

United Utilities have published the following advice:

“We wanted to let you know what we’re doing in response to the Coronavirus outbreak to protect our staff and customers.  We’re following the government health advice to make sure our customers and our colleagues stay safe and we are putting all the necessary measures in place to ensure this advice is followed by everyone. We understand this is a challenging time and we’ve put our robust business continuity plans into action so we can make sure we can still supply our water and wastewater services to all customers across the North West. Advice from the World Health Organisation is that the water treatment process – specifically the addition of chlorine which is routinely used for disinfection – will kill the virus. Remember, only flush the three Ps – pee, poo and paper. Please do not flush any kitchen roll, wet wipes or newspaper down the toilet as these can cause major blockages in the sewers”.

You can find more information on their website:

TV Licence 

  • No advice has been published yet about support with your TV License and if you have difficulty paying, it is still a legal requirement to have one if you want to:
  • watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel
  • watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)
  • download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer.  Many internet providers are still working out their response to COVID-19, many are looking at giving free phone calls and extra data and speed boosts

Check your suppliers website directly for more information.

Internet providers 

  • This applies to any device you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.
  • The UK’s major internet service and mobile providers, namely BT/EE, Openreach, Virgin Media, Sky, TalkTalk, O2, Vodafone, Three, Hyperoptic, Gigaclear, and KCOM have all agreed the following commitments, effective immediately:
    • All providers have committed to working with customers who find it difficult to pay their bill as a result of Covid-19 to ensure that they are treated fairly and appropriately supported.
    • All providers will remove all data allowance caps on all current fixed broadband services.
    • All providers have agreed to offer some new, generous mobile and landline packages to ensure people are connected and the most vulnerable continue to be supported. For example, some of these packages include data boosts at low prices and free calls from their landline or mobile.
    • All providers will ensure that vulnerable customers or those self-isolating receive alternative methods of communication wherever possible if priority repairs to fixed broadband and landlines cannot be carried out.

    These commitments are in addition to a range of supportive measures offered by the individual providers to their customers affected by circumstances arising from Covid-19.

Self-Isolation Payment Scheme

Claiming Universal Credit

I am already on Universal Credit but I am self-isolating, am I risking a sanction for not going for an appointment at the Job Centre?

The Department for Work and Pensions have put in place special arrangements for people in receipt of benefits who cannot attend reassessments or job centre appointments because they are required to stay at home or are infected by coronavirus.

Disabled and sick claimants who cannot attend a reassessment for Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit will continue to receive their payments while their assessment is rearranged. People who need to claim ESA or Universal Credit because of coronavirus will not be required to produce a Fit Note.

Claimants who inform the Department for Work and Pensions in good time that they are staying at home or that they have been diagnosed with Coronavirus will not be sanctioned.

Claimants who are staying at home as a result of Coronavirus will have their mandatory work search and work availability requirements removed to account for a period of sickness.

For the most up to date information, visit the Department for Work and Pensions dedicated website page for Coronavirus.

Ways to contact us

How do I make contact with you?

Are phone lines are open as usual you can contact our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 111 0000 or on 0800 633 5500 or via our Customer App.

You can also contact us via our website contact us page and on Facebook and Twitter.

There are many services you can use on line such as booking an emergency repair, paying your rent

I am trying to get through to you on the phone, but the lines are busy. Can I contact you another way?

Firstly, thank you for your patience. We are experiencing very high call volumes in our Customer Service team are busy trying to help as many customers as quickly as we can.

Please do not contact us multiple times as this will result in an even larger backlog. The team are trying to get to everyone as quickly as we can, but we have to prioritise emergencies, so we thank you for your patience.

Can I still visit one of your receptions?

The Group has decided, in line with Government guidance, to close its public offices and Community Centres to external visitors from 5pm Friday 20th March. This includes:

    • Wythenshawe House, 8 Poundswick Lane, Wythenshawe, M22 9TA;
    • Parkway Green House, 460 Palatine Road, Wythenshawe, M22 4DJ;
    • Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre, Portway, Wythenshawe, M22 1QW;
    • Benchill Community Centre, Benchill Road, Wythenshawe, M22 8EJ;
    • Enterprise Centre, 34 Benchill Road, Wythenshawe, M22 8LF (Public reception will be closed, individual businesses to remain open).

We will reopen these offices to the public as soon as possible, but this will be in line with Government recommendation.

Reporting neighbour nuisance

My neighbours are causing noise nuisance, where can I report this?

The simplest way to tell us about anti-social behaviour is to email us at or by filling in our online form. You can also ring our contact centre on 0800 633 5500 or 0300 111 000.

If the problem is an obvious one, we may be able to sort it out easily. Most cases are not quite so simple. If the nuisance caused is not obvious to everyone or if it’s aimed directly at you, we need to talk to you before we can start an investigation.

Domestic Abuse Support

Domestic Abuse Support

Safespots Wythenshawe: recognises the risks that self isolation poses to victims of domestic abuse and remain committed to providing support to victims of abuse.

Updates will be made via our Facebook and Twitter accounts following a review of current circumstances. We ask that if you have symptoms of the coronavirus that you don’t attend the centre but rather contact us on 07873 889637 for support.

This is an incredibly difficult time but we want to assure you that we will continue to offer support to those who need it to the best of our ability.

Supporting the vulnerable

How are you helping vulnerable people?

A dedicated team has been set up to contact tenants who we believe are at more risk of the virus or social isolation so that we can prioritise emergency support. We are working with partners to deliver support packages to these households. If you are aware of any other vulnerable or at high risk groups that need our support please let us know, so that we can put support measures in place at this difficult time.

Shopping for the vulnerable

If you are vulnerable and have access to the Club cars app they are offering a delivery service for the charge of your shopping only, check out their facebook page -

Community Support

What community support is there for Isolated & Vulnerable Residents

Are you looking out for your neighbours? Do you know a vulnerable resident? Would you like to offer support as a familiar friendly face? Keep in touch with those that know you, you know the area and hopefully what resources are out there. There are people and organisations that are there to help, some of which are listed below:

Volunteering & Community Groups

If you would like to get involved with existing established groups who support others through safe and risk averse procedures. Then take a look at contacts below:

Real Neighbours Volunteers will be offering a telephone buddy scheme for those feeling isolated and in need of conversation and or support with any issues. We will be doing regular contact calls with those vulnerable and isolated residents. To arrange to be on the list for a call please email Dan Williams on or phone 0161 946 9510

Alternatively if you would like to be a volunteer with our established Timebank and give your time to the local community in this time of crisis please also contact Daniel who can arrange for induction and possible volunteering opportunities.

Wythenshawe Good Neighbours will continue to offer telephone advocacy and support and link in to the telephone buddy scheme with Real Neighbours: / 0781 696 0025 also they will be working alongside Real Neighbours to work on the prescription pick up and drop off for the vulnerable older residents.

MACC Manchester Community Central advice and support for community voluntary organisations on how to keep you group going through Covid-19 and also how to volunteer for Manchester wide initiatives. Support on funding for groups and up to date guidance on

Advice on how to become a volunteer or get support from volunteers

Forever Manchester has opened the following fund

In addition to this we are

  • Signposting residents to the websites being co-ordinated by MCC, MACC and as of Tues the NHS volunteers site.
  • Conducting community chats with a number of residents.
  • Supporting groups we have funded.
  • Collating information for partners without access to Facebook in a works capacity.
  • We are also continuing to work with residents to get positive stories up on our website and blog site.
  • Working on initiatives/fun activities to do on line with residents.

Crossacres Community Resource Centre - Age UK : closed to public but taking calls from those in need who are living in M22/M23 areas, over 55 and in need of support. Can also provide a delivery service for meals or support for older residents:

Peel Hall Road, Peel Hall, Wythenshawe, M22 5DG

Telephone: 0161 437 0717



Benchill Community Centre: Our lines will remain open for us to connect with our vulnerable customers on a daily basis, still taking calls from vulnerable residents and connecting to Real Neighbours – 0161 946 9520.

We are also offering support for people needing to apply for benefits on line. Ring our number to get some advice and referred to our member of staff who can support you.

We are also offering grab and go bags of soup and a sandwich to those people in need between 12.00 noon and 1.30 p.m. from the front entrance only. Please feel free to collect these for your vulnerable neighbours.

Our IT Tutors are available for on line support with your ECDL or other online learning : Speak to Steve or Jordan: or telephone 07704002278

Lifestyle Centre: Our lines will remain open for us to connect with our vulnerable customers on a daily basis, still taking calls from vulnerable residents and connecting to Real Neighbours – 0161 436 0560

We are also offering support for people needing to apply for benefits on line. Ring our number to get some advice and referred to our member of staff who can support you.

We are also offering grab and go bags of soup and a sandwich to those people in need between 12.00 noon and 1.30 p.m. from the front entrance only. Please feel free to collect these for your vulnerable neighbours.

Bideford Centre will be closed for general drop in sessions, food bank will be open daily for red voucher scheme from 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon. Also community food daily if available depending on donations.

Tree of Life (Interim Measures)

All activities are currently suspended. In order to minimise the effects of isolation, they are implementing one to one telephone wellbeing support for the most vulnerable members of our community. This will ensure that there is regular human contact/ conversations, identification of essential food support and any other essential/emergency needs. For more information call 0161 489 7018.

During this crisis period our foodbank will be open 11.00am-1.00pm Monday/Wednesday and Friday. For any enquiries please call our centre on 0161 489 7018.


A number of fabulous groups have set up offering a platform for people to share ideas and experience, offer support and keep that Wythenshawe Spirit alive.

Groups to join;

Wythenshawe Covid-19 Community Support Group (4,654 members): local people offering advice on where to buy your shopping, stocks and supplies, volunteering opportunities.

Housebound With Kids (27,418 members): a group set up to offer support and fun activity for those who are now home schooling. Parents and teachers are both on this page and welcome new members.

Wythenshawe1 (31,967): a well-established group of local people sharing stories and keeping people socially active on line. Connecting people and establishing new and rekindling old friendships across the miles.

Family Lock Down Tips, Ideas, Fun & Entertainment (1,188): fun ideas for all the family to get involved in whilst at home.

Art to Warm the Heart (96): opportunity to share your art ideas and pictures

#9pmDisco (151): little bit of fun to get your social life back in business. Disco each night live on facebook. Go crazy and dance like no one is watching (when they really are )

Internet Support:

A number of websites that are useful for children and parents with a range of educational and fun activities with little or no cost:

Few apps to keep those little ones engaged whilst not at school

Times tables rockstars

Online French:

Twinkl Free online for parents:

BBC Bitesize Revision :


Topmarks educational games:

Maths Zone :

Top marks maths :

You Tube for lots of family fun getting active ideas including : Joe Wickes daily PE lesson

Manchester City Council:

(WFH)  BAU except for response to issues such as flytipping, complaints,  litter monitoring etc - reduced area walkabouts

Updating Local Councillors on daily basis

Communication daily to local voluntary groups and Covid 19 Mutual Aid organisations


School Meals

Schools organising voucher for free school meals in holidays but remain open for children of essential workers : voucher scheme : for_free_school_meals



Churches in Wythenshawe:

"To make contact with the Church of England in Wythenshawe"  Or people can access our website where there is a list of clergy contacts  Who's Who

For further information please contact Tracey Rawlins 07476305947

Catholic Churches

Spiritual help

Every day (Sunday to Saturday) we celebrate Mass (in private) at St.Anthony's at 10am.
People can access this on a Livestream under Church Services TV and then St.Anthony's - Dunkery Road, Woodhouse Park, Manchester, England.

Practical help
What we are calling "The Hope Project" is attempting to address social isolation as well as maintaining connections that we have with more vulnerable people.
We have set up a 24 hour help line:  07907 620 891 and an e-mail:
We have volunteers who would be willing to take a shopping parcel to anyone who was self-isolating and had no one to shop for them.
If anyone knows of neighbours in that situation they can ring that number.
If people just need a human conversation or a listening ear they can ring that number, day or night.

If people want to keep up with developments, our website is

Foodbank support

I am struggling getting food what can I do?

We have been working to ensure a co-ordinated response across Wythenshawe in advance of an increase in the number of people who cannot afford to buy food as schools close and employers reduce contracted hours.

People who are self-isolating will be making their own arrangements for food deliveries. However, anyone who is unable to afford food can contact partner agencies for Foodbank vouchers.

To access this service, you can contact any one of the participating support agencies (full list here – or by contacting either the Early Help Hub (0161 234 1977) or Children’s Social Services and Social Services (0161 234 1977).

Please note our Community Centres will continue to run targeted services including distribution of emergency food.

Other measures in place;

MCC Work and Skills Team working up a city wide support programme for food banks

Neighbourhood Team will be processing urgent financial support grants to all groups by diverting grant funding to CV19 and deferring non urgent grants to next year

“CSAW” Food Bank at St Aidens Church linked to main food bank distribution (WFB) facility at Civic managed by Real Food Wythenshawe for collections of bulk items (MCC issued grant to WFB to support)

Community response - working with MACC & MACC “HOUR Manchester (TIMEBANK)  Tom Waring contact

Your mind matters!!

Where can I get help if I start to struggle with my mental health?

Infectious disease outbreaks, like the current Coronavirus (Covid-19), can be scary and can affect our own mental health. Whilst it’s important to stay informed, there are also many things we can do to support and manage our wellbeing during such times. Below are some valuable resources to help you manage your own mental health and those of your loved ones.

Out of Hours crisis support 0161 271 0450 or go to website for more details

Elefriends is a supportive online community where you can be yourself. We all know what it’s like to struggle sometimes, but now there’s a safe place to listen, share and be heard

What can I do to support my neighbours?

We can all continue to look out for each other, following the government guidance on social distancing and hand washing.

If you are concerned about one of your neighbours, please let us know on 0800 633 5500 or 0300 111 000 or via our App, Website, Facebook or Twitter pages by direct message.

How you can support WCHG support you


If you or a member of your household has been diagnosed with, exposed to, or is suffering from Coronavirus (COVID-19), or you have voluntarily self-isolated yourself please make us aware.

We will carry out risk assessments on an individual basis to ensure the safety of our tenants, in addition WCHG staff and contractors will be subject to the same screening to help prevent the spread of infection in line with Government advice. We have also implemented strict hygiene measures for colleagues visiting our customers for your protection.

Contact Information

If you have changed your phone number or email address recently, please contact us on 0800 633 5500 or 0300 111 0000 to make sure we have the correct contact information on our system. You can also touch base with us via our contact us page on our website and via Facebook or Twitter. This will help to ensure you receive all communications as quickly as possible.

What special precautions will you be taking in your extra care or sheltered schemes, where you have older residents?

Additional advice has been posted in our public areas and we are acting in accordance with government guidelines to minimise the spread of the virus by stopping all non-essential use of the public areas, and encouraging customers to practise social distancing and/or self isolation.

A neighbour should be self-isolating but they are outside. I am worried. Can you do anything?

We appreciate that this scenario may be concerning, but the government guidance does not prevent people from moving around outside of their property. If you keep 2 metres away and follow advice on hand washing, the risk to you personally should be minimised.

WCHG’s approach to Coronavirus

What is WCHG doing to manage the impact of coronavirus?

We have set up a Response Group that meets regularly to co-ordinate and update our operational plans.

We will try to keep you as informed as possible throughout this time and would encourage you to provide us with an up-to-date email address.

This is a fast-moving situation and posting updates on our website, social media and sending emails is the quickest way to get information to you.

In terms of our colleagues, we’re encouraging as many as possible to work from home in line with government advice.

Waste Disposal

How dispose of personal waste whilst in isolation.

Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.

Rubbish Bin Collections

Green garden and food recycling bin collections will begin again from Monday 11 May. They will be collected every two weeks on same days as grey/black bins.

This will be regularly reviewed due to COVID-19. For more information please visit MCC's website at


Can i get tested for Coronavirus?

For guidance on Coronavirus testing, including who is eligible for a test, how to get tested and the different types of tests available visit the site for full guidance on coronavirus testing and eligibility .

What support is available if someone dies?

The government have produced a step by step guide on what to do after a death including how to register, notify government departments, manage financial issues and find out if you can get a Bereavement Support payment and help with funeral costs.

Find out more on their website here - what to do when someone dies: step-by-step

Tracking Coronavirus / Covid19

The government website has a dashboard showing statistics on cases of coronavirus and deaths associated with coronavirus in the UK which is updated daily - track coronavirus cases in the UK